The Division of Facilities, Operations, and Maintenance (DFOM) is responsible for the safe, efficient, and effective operation and maintenance of NIH real property. Donna Phillips is the Director, 301-496-5086.
Areas of responsibility:
· Plans and directs comprehensive facility management program to ensure that occupants, patients, and visitors of the NIH facilities enjoy “quiet use” and receive facility based services
· Plans and directs comprehensive predictive, preventive, and emergency maintenance program to ensure the safety and physical security of occupants and the short and long-term physical integrity of the NIH real property assets and the contents therein;
· Advises the NIH management on matters related to the operation, maintenance, and short and long term support of NIH real property assets including sites and site structures, buildings and non-Bethesda plant facilities
· Develops, tracks, and reports operational performance and financial information used for program assessment
· Provides support to the NIH ICs in connection with their day-to-day facility needs.
· Collaborates, coordinates, plans, and directs the execution in support of all programs under the responsibility of the Office of Research Facilities as the daily on the ground interface and first line of communication for all customer interfaces.
· Ensure facilities operations and maintenance performance meets accreditation standards of Joint Commission, Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care, Centers for Disease Control, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and other independent reviews.
In addition to the Office of the Director, DFOM has six branches:
Clinical Center Facilities Branch (CCFB)
Delivers facility-related operations and maintenance services to the NIH Clinical Center. Ensures facility compliance with Joint Commission requirements. Donald Edwards is the chief, 301-451-3076.
Maryland Facilities Maintenance Branch (MFMB)
Delivers facility-related operations and maintenance services to the NIH owned Facilities in Maryland (with the exception of the Clinical Center). Maintains high voltage system operations and Poolesville utilities. Donna Phillips is the acting chief, 301-496-5086.
Campus Services Branch (CSB)
Plans and implements the Division budget, personnel plans, and training. Provides management and contract administration for all Maryland facilities service contracts. Cathy Nader is the chief, 301-594-3765.
Accreditation Services Branch (ASB)
Manages non-Joint Commission or Hospital related accreditation including Animal Accreditation (AAALAC), Bio-Safety Level (BSL) certification, and CDC and OSHA requirements. Provides reliability, safety, quality control, and quality assurance services for the Division. Donna Phillips is the acting chief, 301-496-5086.
Rocky Mountain Laboratory Facilities Management Branch (RMLFMB)
Delivers the facility-related services to the Rocky Mountain Laboratory site. Includes operations, maintenance, design, and construction of facilities. Kelly Hudson is the chief, 406-363-9423.
Research Triangle Park Facilities Management Branch (RTPFMB)
Delivers the facility-related services to the Research Triangle Park facility. Includes operations, maintenance, design, and construction of facilities. Bill Blair is the chief, 919-541-3314.