RML Bldg 1-Lab Health Research
After moving from location to location in the roughly 20 years previous, money was finally obtained from the State of Montana in 1927 to build a laboratory building dedicated to the research of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. Built by the Montana State Board of Entomology in 1928, it was purchased by the US Public Health Service in 1932, which then began adding buildings as scientific research improved and expanded over the years. In those early years, Building 1 held offices and a general laboratory, as well as animal and tick rearing rooms, a refrigeration room and boiler room, laundry, kitchen, custodian’s quarters, etc. A little of everything! After several floor plan changes over the years, it is still home to (now modern) offices and laboratories.
This page was last updated on Nov 26, 2012