Building 60 is the Mary Woodard Lasker Center for Health Research and Education. Constructed in 1923, the Lasker Center is the oldest building on the Bethesda campus, predating the presence of NIH in Bethesda.
The building once housed the Sisters of the Visitation of Washington before the NIH acquired the property. As such, the Building 60 Lasker Center is still colloquially referred to as "the Convent" and "the Cloisters". The Lasker Center now is home to students participating in a year-long resident research program called the Medical Research Scholars Program. The Lasker Center also has numerous NIH offices and a lecture hall.
Building Other Names:
Building 60; The Cloisters