Linda Adams, Administrative Officer at NHGRI, developed and refined this checklist in preparation for a large move into new space. It lists, in alphabetical order, the things AOs should consider tracking to ensure a successful move.
Prior to setting move date:
When move date is set:
- Address/phone number changes
- Hallway/break area furniture
- Bulletin boards/white boards
- Business cards
Cards must follow instructions in the NIH Manual Issuance at http://www1.od.nih.gov/oma/manualchapters/contracts/6307-4/
- Cable TV
- Conference room order
- Copiers and furniture
- Credit card address changes
- Facility Information Management System
How will this be coordinated?
Who is the contact?
- Glass tabletops and desktops
- Hazardous Chemicals Funding Memo
For assistance call 301-496-7990
- In-house web page address changes
Where do they go?
- LAN switches and other equipment
Order switches and other equipment for LAN closets
- Lobby guidelines
Who will prepare this?
- Locker assignments
- Mail boxes/codes
- Movers, including Medical Equipment and Maintenance
- NIH NED changes
- Open House
- Proximity Locks
Make sure staff are coded to enter and use.
- Recycling containers
- Signs for phones
- Stock delivery codes
- Wireless communications
- Check furniture and all other deliveries; coordinate with dock master.
- Notify chemical movers.
- Notify general movers of date.
- Notify mail room.
- Make parking space changes.
- Notify facility people for loading dock usage.
- Check to see that alarm system is working.
- Check to see that proximity locks are working.
- Notify LAN support to check connections and install switches.
- Buy door stops, wedges to keep doors open during move.
- Call MAPB about signage.
- Pick up proximity cards.
- Order refrigerators and microwaves for break rooms.