After Institute’s move date is finalized, the institute move coordinator should call the Division of Environmental Protection at least 4 to 6 weeks for guidance. The institute move coordinator shall work with the institute’s acquisition personnel to procure a chemical relocation contractor. GSA eLibrary-Waste Management Services
Contract award information for companies that provide waste management services which includes chemical moves
Important information to consider before and after your chemical moves:
- Share your excess chemicals that you don’t need or cannot use at your new location to reduce move cost and minimize waste generation.
- For unwanted chemicals that cannot be shared call Chemical Waste Services at 301-496-4710 two to four weeks prior to the scheduled move date to request pick up service.
- Do not carry chemical waste containers to new location. Call Chemical Waste Services for waste collection. Make sure that all waste containers are labeled properly
- Make sure that cold rooms are working properly at the new location for storage of chemicals that required cold room storage.
- Notify the Division of Environmental Protection’s Environmental Compliance Branch at 301-496-7775 of lab move for chemical clearance and decontamination.
- Perform final laboratory walk through to make sure all chemicals have been removed.
- Call Chemical Waste Services to request chemical waste containers and containment pans for your new location.