ORF Home > About ORF > Building and Facility Managers > The Cloisters Convent

The Cloisters Convent

Building 60 or the Convent 

Description:
Building 60, the Convent, once housed the Sisters of the Visitation of Washington.  Now, it serves NIH as a center for health research and education.  Constructed in 1923, the Convent is the oldest building on the Bethesda campus, predating the presence of NIH in Bethesda.
 
The Convent is home to the Mary Woodard Lasker Center for Health Research and Education; the Howard Hughes Research Scholars Program of the Howard Hughes Medical Institute (HHMI); and the Foundation for Advanced Education in the Sciences (FAES).
 
The nearest NIH Shuttle Stop is in front of the building.
For events, contact  http://dems.ors.od.nih.gov/index.htm .



 

 

 


 
This page was last updated on Nov 26, 2012